Professional Speakers Association
Code of Ethics
Professional Ethics and Guidelines
The PSA BELGIUM member should:
- represent qualifications and experience in both oral and written communications;
- act, operate his/her business, and speak on a high professional level so as not to offend nor discredit the speaking profession;
- exert due diligence to understand the client’s organisation, approaches and goals in advance of the presentation;
- avoid using materials, titles and themes originated by others, either orally or in writing, unless approved by the originator;
- treat other speakers with professional courtesy, dignity and respect;
- maintain and respect the business or personal affairs of clients, agents and other speakers;
- protect the public against fraud or unfair practices and attempt to eliminate from the speaking profession all discreditable practices;
- not be a party to any agreement that unfairly limits or restrains access to the marketplace.
We, as members of the Professional Speakers’ Association, in recognising that our membership is a collection of diverse individuals, do hereby support and uphold the following premises and practices:
- we embrace inclusiveness rather than exclusiveness in relating to our membership, clients, audience members and meeting partners;
- within our membership and during our meetings, we openly respect the similarities between us and differences among us;
- our membership and leadership recruitment efforts seek out diverse levels of expertise, ethnicity, creed, lifestyle and physical capability so the ranks of our Association will reflect the diversity of the audiences we address, on and off the platform;
- just as we invite our members to exercise their unique skills and individual topic areas, we invite individual expression of business and personal philosophies, marketing strategies and lifestyle;
- individually and as a group, we openly respect the cultural diversity of our national and international audiences through our attitude, language and conduct on and off the platform.
Membership at € 195, = per year, available to anyone who has already established a speaking business and is regularly making fee paid speaking engagements.
International Federation membership, at € 50, = per year and included in the membership, exclusively for members of (other) speakers’ associations affiliated with the International Federation for Professional Speakers, who wish to promote their speaking business in our market – a similar reciprocal relationship exists for PSA BELGIUM members wishing to promote their services abroad.